We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and we comply with all the Privacy Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When used in this Policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act. In general terms, personal information is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and other postal or shipping details (amongst other things). If the information that we collect identifies you, or you can be reasonably identified from it, the information will be regarded as personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
When you use our Sites, we collect your personal information. The personal information that we may collect about you includes:
We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, credit card number and expiration date when you make a purchase. This information is used to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations (or other transactional information) and/or to provide customer service.
Information Collected In-Store including mobile stores:
We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, post code, and preferences if you complete a form within one of our stores. This information will be used to provide you with products that may be of interest to you and to provide you with information that you request.
We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, post code, date of birth, and gender if you create an account with us. This information will be used to help you keep track of your orders, to keep you updated about special offers, updates related to the Sites, and to facilitate checkout during purchases.
Information for Commercial Communications:
We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, gender, and birth date if you sign up to receive promotional emails from us. This information may be used to contact you about sales, special offers and new features available through the Sites.
Information Relating to Inquiries:
We may collect your name and email address if you contact us with a question or request a Live Chat with us. This information may be used so that we can respond to your question or contact you should we disconnect from our Live Chat.
Information for Promotions:
We may collect your name, email address, and other contact information if you participate in a promotion (e.g., contest, sweepstakes) that we sponsor. This information will be used to fulfil the terms of the promotion and to contact you regarding promotional and special offers, sales, and new features available through the Sites. It will also be subject to the terms accompanying such promotion.
We may collect your name, age, post code, shopping habits, email address and/or mailing address if you choose to participate in one of our on-line surveys. This information will be used to help provide us with relevant information about our consumers.
The above section provides examples of the personal information that we may collect through the Sites and the manners in which we may use such personal information. If you do not want us to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect information passively while you are visiting or interacting with the Sites. We call this “passive” collection since you may not know that this information is being collected when you visit or interact with the Sites. This information may consist of the following items: website visitors’ IP address, IP address-related information, system Media Access Control address, network configuration information, network device information, browser plug-in type and versions, and operating system.
We may also log IP addresses (the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
While we recommend that you leave cookies turned on as they allow you to take advantage of some of the features of the Sites, you have the ability to control the use and moderation of our cookies. However, if you elect not to allow cookies to be placed as described above, you may not be able to use or to enjoy all of the services and features of the Sites. Specifically, you can configure the settings (i) to receive notifications when you are receiving new cookies, (ii) to disable cookies or (iii) to delete cookies. Please refer to your Web browser's help section for information on how to do this.
We also collect information from you directly at the time that you supply information to us via the Sites. For instance, if you contact us to subscribe to our membership and other products or services, ask questions, or provide us feedback about the Sites or any of our products or services, we may store your communications, including any personal information you include in them such as (but not limited to) your name, phone number, address and credit card details, so we can effectively respond to you. If you do not want us to directly collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information as necessary and to fulfil your requests, including in the following ways:
1. Access and Use: If you provide personal information in order to obtain access to or use of the Sites or any functionality thereof, we will use your personal information to provide you with access to or use of the Sites or functionality and to monitor your use of the Sites or specific functionalities.
2. Internal Business Purposes: We may use your personal information for internal business purposes including, without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Sites, to better understand our users, to improve the Sites, to protect against, identify or address fraudulent activities, to manage your account and to provide you with customer service and to generally manage the Sites and our business. We may also use your personal information to process and respond to any complaint made by you and to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
3. Marketing and loyalty program: We may use your personal information to contact you for certain marketing and advertising purposes, including, without limitation, to inform you about offers, contests or surveys which may be of interest to you and to display content and advertising on or off the Sites which may be of relevance to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, text message and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (using the details in the ‘Contacting us’ section below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our marketing distribution lists.
4. Specific Reason: If you provide personal information for a certain reason, we may use the personal information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by email, we will use the personal information you provide to answer your question or to attempt to resolve your issue and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the uses set out above. In particular, we may disclosure your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
1. Order Fulfilment and Fraud Protection: If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfil your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to our payment processer to allow us to process payment for our products that you make with your credit card). In addition, we may share your personal information with fraud protection services to assist us in preventing fraud and protecting our customers from credit card fraud.
3. Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: As noted above with respect to our eCommerce service provider, we, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf so that we can focus on our core business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. In connection with services those partners provide for us, we may provide or otherwise give them access to certain personal information. We employ a vetting process to assess our partners’ data protection practices.
4. Third-Party Marketers, Partners, and other Third Parties: We may also share your personal information with other marketers, partners, and other third parties, whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. These third-party marketers, partners, and other third parties may use your personal information for their own purposes, or further disclose your information to other third parties. If you prefer we do not share your personal information with these types of parties, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Legal Requirements: We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of other customers or users, (iii) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Sites or the public or (iv) to protect against legal liability or potential fraud, as determined in our sole discretion.
DO WE HOLD OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA?
We may disclose personal information to our service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. These are generally services that help with the running of our business including marketing and payment methods. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach applicable privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE CAN’T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy, some or all of the following may happen:
We may not be able to provide you with the products you requested.
We may not be able to provide you with information about products that you may want, including information about discounts sales or special promotions.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access, correct and/or update certain personal information that you have provided to us by clicking on "My Account" within your personal Golden Goat Global account if you have one. You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you. We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information, we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
HOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT A BREACH OF PRIVACY
We have a formal procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches. Once the Privacy Officer receives a complaint, whether it is in writing or verbal means, the Privacy Officer will commence an investigation with the relevant business unit from which the alleged breach stemmed. The investigator will endeavour to determine the nature of the breach and how it occurred. We may contact you during the process to seek any further clarification if necessary. If a breach is found, the Privacy Officer will escalate the matter to management so that the process can be rectified to prevent any further breaches from taking place. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation. We will endeavour to resolve all investigations within a reasonable time. We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Golden Goat Global
P O Box 42279
Darwin, NT 0811